Best Rheumatologist For Rheumatoid Arthritis in KOLKATA
ABOUT THE DISEASE
It is a chronic inflammatory disease of the joints. It occurs in joints on both sides of the body (such as both hands, wrists, and/or knees). This symmetric multiple joint involvement helps distinguish rheumatoid arthritis from other types of arthritis. It may affect other organs too.
The exact cause is unknown. It is an auto immune disorder, where the body’s immune system attacks its own healthy tissues.
- Joint Pain & swelling - especially hand and feet.
- Stiffness that is worse in the morning.
- Loss of appetite.
- Low-grade fever.
- Firm lumps (rheumatoid nodules) that grow beneath the skin in areas such as the elbows and hands.
- Medical history
- Physical examination
- Rheumatoid factor test
- Joint Ultrasound/X-ray
- Anti CCP- antibody test
- C Reactive protein
- Medications, eg.NSAIDs, Corticosteroids, COX2 inhibitors, DMARDs, Infliximab, etc.
- Rest and exercise.
- Physical therapy/occupational therapy.
- Surgery, eg. Synovectomy, Joint replacement
You may also like to learn about:
Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis
Best Doctors from RHEUMATOLOGY DEPARTMENT in KOLKATA
Top Doctors from RHEUMATOLOGY DEPARTMENT associated with various hospitals in KOLKATA
More Doctors.... Go to Our Doctor Search and seacrh by name , specialization and locality...etc
Recent Patient's Queries for Rheumatoid Arthritis
To connect with
Rheumatoid Arthritis patients with similar ailments:
click on the relevant patients queries below or to join a new patient community now
To connect with fellow patients click on the query subject
Explore more diseases
....and many more,For searching other disease go to our Disease Search and seacrh by disease name
|Search Doctors by Area in
Grab ask4healthcare membership
- Create:Online Health Records
- Connect:With doctors & fellow patients
- Get 2nd opinion services
- Save:Upto 30% on medicines,Dr Consultation fees,Hospitals and Diagnostic Labs