Best Hepatologist For Hepatitis B in MUMBAI
Doctors who treat
or similar ailments belong to following departments:
To Find relevant doctors click on the department name
ABOUT THE DISEASE
Hepatitis B is a serious form of hepatitis caused by a virus HBV and leads to irritation and swelling of the liver. It affects people of all ages. The hepatitis B virus attacks the liver. The virus can lead to serious illness, liver damage and, in some cases, death.
Depend on the phase of the disease and include:
- • Appetite loss.
- • Tiredness.
- • Nausea.
- • Vomiting.
- • Abdominal pain.
- • Dark yellow urine.
- • Jaundice (yellow skin and eyes)
- • About 5% of people who get HBV infection become "chronic carriers." They often have no symptoms, but the virus stays in their body.
- • About 25% of chronic HBV carriers get a disease called "chronic active hepatitis." These people may develop liver cirrhosis, liver failure, or liver cancer.
Hepatitis B is spread through the blood and body fluids (semen, saliva, vaginal fluid) of an infected person. It can also be passed from an infected mother to a child.
- Hepatitis viral panel (HBsAg, HBcAg, HBeAg, Anti HBs, Anti HBc, HBV DNA viral load)
- Liver Function Test
- Prothrombin Time
- Albumin Test
Acute hepatitis needs no treatment other than careful monitoring of liver and other body functions with blood tests. The patient should take plenty of bed rest, drink plenty of fluids, and eat healthy foods.
Some patients with chronic hepatitis may be treated with antiviral medications if the liver function is quickly becoming worse or if there are signs of long term liver damage.
If the damage to the liver is already done, the only option is to go for a liver transplant.
Hepatitis B vaccine is highly effective in preventing a hepatitis B infection.
You may also like to learn about:
Best Doctors from HEPATOLOGY DEPARTMENT in MUMBAI
Top Doctors from HEPATOLOGY DEPARTMENT associated with various hospitals in MUMBAI
More Doctors.... Go to Our Doctor Search and seacrh by name , specialization and locality...etc
Recent Patient's Queries for Hepatitis B
To connect with
Hepatitis B patients with similar ailments:
click on the relevant patients queries below or to join a new patient community now
To connect with fellow patients click on the query subject
Explore more diseases
....and many more,For searching other disease go to our Disease Search and seacrh by disease name
|Search Doctors by Area in
Grab ask4healthcare membership
- Create:Online Health Records
- Connect:With doctors & fellow patients
- Get 2nd opinion services
- Save:Upto 30% on medicines,Dr Consultation fees,Hospitals and Diagnostic Labs