Best Doctor Urologist For Prostate Hypertrophy(BPH) in JALANDHAR
ABOUT THE DISEASE
BPH or Benign Prostate Hyperplasia is a disease common in elderly males. The prostate is a male reproductive gland that produces the fluid that carries sperm during ejaculation. This gland surrounds the urethra, which is the tube through which urine passes out of the body. Therefore when this gland grows it blocks the urethra and hence causes problems in urination.
- Weak urine stream.
- Dribbling at the end of urination.
- Feeling like the bladder has not emptied completely.
- Difficulty starting urination.
- Getting up frequently at night to urinate.
- Urinating more frequently during the day.
- Strong or sudden urge to urinate.
- Blood in urine in case of an infection.
It is very common in elderly males and almost all males above 80 years and many men above the age of 40 have some level of an enlarged prostate.
Mostly diagnosed by a:
- Physical medical examination
- PSA - Prostate Specific Antigen test is required to rule out prostate cancer
- In mild cases, no treatment is required.
- In moderate cases, medicines are prescribed to reduce the prostate gland swelling.
- In severe cases, surgery may be advised. The options being:
You may also like to learn about:
Urinary tract infection
Best Doctors from UROLOGY DEPARTMENT in JALANDHAR
More Doctors.... Go to Our Doctor Search and seacrh by name , specialization and locality...etc
Recent Patient's Queries for Prostate Hypertrophy(BPH)
To connect with fellow patients click on the query subject
Explore more diseases
....and many more,For searching other disease go to our Disease Search and seacrh by disease name
Grab ask4healthcare membership
Create:Online Health Records
Connect:With doctors & fellow patients
Get 2nd opinion services
Save:Upto 30% on medicines,Dr Consultation fees,Hospitals and Diagnostic Labs