Rheumatologist For Arthritis in KOLKATA
Doctors who treat Arthritis
or similar ailments belong to following departments:
To Find relevant doctors click on the department name
To Post your Arthritis
related query and to get best advice/cost quotes online
ABOUT THE DISEASE
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. There are many different types of arthritis, common ones being osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and gout. It may have a genetic basis or may be related to risk factors like obesity, injury, etc.
The main symptoms of arthritis are joint pain, stiffness, swelling, tenderness, decreased range of movement, redness, warmth, etc which vary in severity in different types. It affects people in all age groups including children. It is one of the leading causes of disability worldwide. About 15% of Indian people suffer from it.
It damages the joints in different ways, as in Osteoarthritis, due to wear and tear, the cartilage in the joint area which allows bones to smoothly glide over each other gets damaged. In Rheumatoid Arthritis, body’s own immune system attacks the joints.
Depending on the type of arthritis suspected, tests required include :
- Blood, Urine, Joint fluid examination.
- Imaging- X-Ray, CT, MRI, Ultrasound.
The treatment is directed towards reducing pain and improving the joint movements. Following options are tried alone or in combination :-
- Medications : Analgesics, NSAIDs, DMARDs, Corticosteroids, Biologic response modifiers, Immunosuppresants, etc.
- Surgery : is advised in cases who do not respond to medical therapy or where the joint is badly damaged. It can be in form of -
- Joint replacement, such as Total Knee Replacement (TKR) - Damaged portion of the joint bones is removed and replaced by an implant.
- Knee Resurfacing - is one of the newer techniques gaining popularity which is helpful in patients having arthritis in one compartment of the knee. Since only the damaged surface of the knee joint is replaced by an implant, trauma is minimized and there is faster recovery. It is being done at select centres in India.
Picture depicting Total Knee Replacement :
OrthoGlide® - Expanding the Options for Patients and Surgeons
The OrthoGlide® Medial Knee Implant may offer patients and surgeons an alternative to total knee replacement. The innovative design of the OrthoGlide is intended as a treatment for moderate osteoarthritis of the medial compartment of the knee and has the ability to restore function and relieve pain. The unique engineering of the OrthoGlide allows for stability without screws and other rigid fixation methods and doesn’t require bone cuts, resulting in an unconstrained natural motion of the knee.
OrthoGlide Expands the Treatment Options by :
- Offering a minimally invasive surgical procedure.
- Not requiring bone cuts, cement or screws to position the device.
- Providing pain relief, rapid recovery and only minimal physical therapy.
Special Features of the OrthoGlide Medial Knee Implant :
- Smooth, unconstrained glide path for the articulation of the femur.
- Engineering design allows the implant to sit on the tibia, ensuring the OrthoGlide maintains proper positioning.
- The specially contoured geometry of the implant allows for front-to-back and side-to-side stability within the knee joint.
Click here to submit your details if you wish to know more about OrthoGlide treatment.
Doctors from RHEUMATOLOGY DEPARTMENT in KOLKATA
Doctors from RHEUMATOLOGY DEPARTMENT associated with various hospitals in KOLKATA
More Doctors.... Go to Our Doctor Search and seacrh by name , specialization and locality...etc
Recent Patient's Queries for Arthritis
To connect with
click on the relevant patients queries below or to join a new patient community now Click Here
patients with similar ailments:
Explore more diseases
....and many more,For searching other disease go to our Disease Search and seacrh by disease name
Save upto 30% on treatment
Few of the EXPERTS on ask4healthcare...
Search Doctors by Area in Kolkata