Oncosurgeon For Pancreatic Cancer in MEERUT
To Post your Pancreatic Cancer
related query and to get best advice/cost quotes online
ABOUT THE DISEASE
The pancreas is a gland located deep in the abdomen between the stomach and the spine surrounded by liver, intestine, and other organs. It is about 6 inches long and has two functions:
- It makes enzymes needed for digestion.
- It produces hormones, including insulin, for the body to use glucose. This helps the body to use or store the energy that comes from food.
Pancreatic tumor can be benign or malignant i.e cancerous.
Most pancreatic cancers begin in the ducts that carry pancreatic juices. Cancer cells can invade and damage nearby tissues and organs, they could also break away from a malignant tumor and enter the bloodstream or lymphatic system i.e metastasize.
- • Dull, continuous abdominal pain (less pain when leaning forward, more when lying down).
- • Pain in the middle of back.
- • Jaundice, often accompanied by itching of the skin.
- • Rapid weight loss.
- • Chronic nausea or diarrhea.
- • Weakness & fatigue.
- • Enlarged liver and gallbladder.
- • Clay or light colored stools.
- • Thrombophlebitis or unexplained blood clots.
It is more common in people who are:
- have Diabetes
- suffer from Chronic pancreatitis
The risk increases with age.
- Medical history
- Physical examination
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Blood tests (CBC, LFT, Sugar, etc)
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatogram (ERCP)
- CT scan or MRCP
Depending on the type and stage, pancreatic cancer may be treated with surgery, radiation therapy, or chemotherapy. Some patients have a combination of therapies.
Surgery may be used alone or in combination with radiation therapy and chemotherapy. It is done through a standard procedure called pancreaticoduodenectomy or Whipple operation/procedure.
Sometimes the cancer cannot be completely removed. But if the tumor is blocking the common bile duct or duodenum, a bypass may be created by placing a biliary stent during ERCP.
You may also like to learn about:
Doctors from ONCOSURGERY DEPARTMENT in MEERUT
Doctors from ONCOSURGERY DEPARTMENT associated with various hospitals in MEERUT
More Doctors.... Go to Our Doctor Search and seacrh by name , specialization and locality...etc
Recent Patient's Queries for Pancreatic Cancer
To connect with
click on the relevant patients queries below or to join a new patient community now Click Here
patients with similar ailments:
Explore more diseases
....and many more,For searching other disease go to our Disease Search and seacrh by disease name
Save upto 30% on treatment