Best Oncologist For Breast Cancer in Delhi
ABOUT THE DISEASE
Breast cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer in women, and if not detected and treated in time, can be fatal. Breast cancer in women below the age of 25 is rare. However if detected and treated in time, women affected with breast cancer lead perfectly healthy life post treatment. Over the course of a lifetime, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Men can also get breast cancer. But they are 100 times less likely than women to get breast cancer.
Depending upon the size of the tumour and whether it has spread to other parts of the body (lymph nodes and body organs), it is assigned different stages by the doctors ranging from Stage 0 to Stage IV.
At an early stage, there are hardly any symptoms and therefore a regular breast examination is recommended. However at a later stage some of the following symptoms might be noticeable:
- • Breast lump - or lump in the armpits
- • Change in the size, shape, or feel of the breast or nipple
- • Fluid coming from the nipple -- may be bloody, and look like pus
- • Skin ulcer
- • Weight loss
Some of the risk factors include:
- Age-chances increase with increasing age
- Family history of breast cancer
- Genes- sp. BRCA1 and BRCA2
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Radiation exposure
- Physical examination
- Mammography - to identify the lump
- FNAC (Fine needle aspiration cytology)
- Breast ultrasound
- PET Scan to identify if the disease has spread
- Lymph node biopsy to identify if the disease has spread to the lymph nodes or not
Treatment includes a combination of the following based on the Stage of the cancer identified and the age of the patient.
- Surgery- Lumpectomy / Radical Mastectomy.
- Medicines, hormone therapy.
- Reconstructive breast surgery.
- Any combination of the above treatments.
You may also like to learn about:
Fibrocystic breast disease
Best Doctors from ONCOLOGY DEPARTMENT in Delhi
Top Doctors from ONCOLOGY DEPARTMENT associated with various hospitals in Delhi
More Doctors.... Go to Our Doctor Search and seacrh by name , specialization and locality...etc
Recent Patient's Queries for Breast Cancer
To connect with fellow patients click on the query subject
Explore more diseases
....and many more,For searching other disease go to our Disease Search and seacrh by disease name
Search Doctors by Area in Delhi
Grab ask4healthcare membership
Create:Online Health Records
Connect:With doctors & fellow patients
Get 2nd opinion services
Save:Upto 30% on medicines,Dr Consultation fees,Hospitals and Diagnostic Labs