Surgeon For piles in Panvel
Doctors who treat piles
or similar ailments belong to following departments:
To Find relevant doctors click on the department name
To Post your piles
related query and to get best advice/cost quotes online
Also known as Haemorrhoids
ABOUT THE DISEASE
Haemorrhoids are enlarged/dilated veins around the rectum. They are of two kinds, internal and external. Internal haemorrhoids occur in the veins just inside the rectum. They are usually not painful, but may bleed and protrude outside. External haemorrhoids involve the veins outside the anus and can be felt as a painful swelling or hard lump near the anus. They are often itchy and may crack and bleed. Sometimes clots will form in the veins making them swollen and painful, called as thrombosed haemorrhoids.
- Rectal bleeding, usually bright red, at the time of bowel movement.
- Anal pain, especially during bowel movements.
- Anal itching or burning.
- One or more hard tender lumps near the anus.
Various factors can lead to the development of haemorrhoid problems:
- Pregnancy- this increases the pressure in the haemorrhoidal veins.
- Constipation/ Straining to have a bowel movement.
- Anal infections.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Physical examination
Treatments for haemorrhoids include:
- Medicated creams and suppositories
- Stool softeners
- Sitz bath
In severe cases a surgical intervention might be required
The techniques include-
- Coagulation (Infrared/Laser)
- Stapler Haemorrhoidectomy
- HAL with RAR (Haemorrhoidal artery ligation with Recto anal repair)
You may also like to learn about:
Fistula in ano
Irritable bowel syndrome
Doctors from GENERAL SURGERY DEPARTMENT in Panvel
More Doctors.... Go to Our Doctor Search and seacrh by name , specialization and locality...etc
Recent Patient's Queries for piles
To connect with
click on the relevant patients queries below or to join a new patient community now Click Here
patients with similar ailments:
Explore more diseases
....and many more,For searching other disease go to our Disease Search and seacrh by disease name
Save upto 30% on treatment
Few of the EXPERTS on ask4healthcare...