Best Diabetologist For Diabetic Kidney Problems in Bhubaneswar
Also known as Diabetic kidney disease or Diabetic nephropathy
ABOUT THE DISEASE
Diabetic kidney disease (diabetic nephropathy) is a complication that occurs in some people with diabetes. In this condition,the glomeruli,which act as filters, become damaged leading to leakage of abnormal amounts of protein from the blood into the urine. The main protein that leaks out from the damaged kidneys is called albumin. A raised level of albumin in the urine is the typical first sign that the kidneys have become damaged by diabetes.
Diabetic kidney disease is divided into two main categories, depending on how much albumin is lost through the kidneys:
• Microalbuminuria: This is when the amount of albumin that leaks into the urine is between 30 and 300 mg per day. It is sometimes called incipient nephropathy.
• Proteinuria: This is when the amount of albumin that leaks into the urine is more than 300 mg per day. It is sometimes called macroalbuminuria or overt nephropathy.
- • Loss of appetite
- • Nausea
- • Vomiting
- • Drowsiness, or tiredness
- • Increased or decreased urination
- • Itching
- • Dry skin
- • Headaches
- • Weight loss
- • Darkened skin
- • Muscle cramps
- • Shortness of breath
Diabetes may cause the nephrons/glomeruli to thicken and scar, eventually reducing the kidneys' ability to filter blood properly. This causes them to leak albumin into urine, leading to diabetic nephropathy.
- Clinical evaluation
- Urine albumin
- Kidney function tests
- Renal ultrasound
Strict control of blood sugar and blood pressure to maintain it within normal limits is very important. Medications include anti hypertensive and hypoglycemic agents. In case renal failure develops, dialysis or a kidney transplant may be advised.
You may also like to learn about:
Renal failure chronic
Best Doctors from DIABETOLOGY DEPARTMENT in Bhubaneswar
More Doctors.... Go to Our Doctor Search and seacrh by name , specialization and locality...etc
Recent Patient's Queries for Diabetic Kidney Problems
To connect with
Diabetic Kidney Problems patients with similar ailments:
click on the relevant patients queries below or to join a new patient community now
To connect with fellow patients click on the query subject
Explore more diseases
....and many more,For searching other disease go to our Disease Search and seacrh by disease name
Grab ask4healthcare membership
- Create:Online Health Records
- Connect:With doctors & fellow patients
- Get 2nd opinion services
- Save:Upto 30% on medicines,Dr Consultation fees,Hospitals and Diagnostic Labs